Guidelines for Accredited Courses
We allow you a direct part in the accreditation process by requesting that you provide the National Hypnotherapy Society with as much information as you can about your organisation and the course you want us to assess.
Because the application is FREE, it is easier to apply and obtain feedback – this will let you know exactly where you stand – rather than to attempt to make your course fit the criteria ahead of time. Each application will be examined closely for a balance of items and an overall understanding that your course is safe, competent and ethical to train hypnotherapists to see clients.
Your application should demonstrate/provide evidence relating to the following criteria:
- A printed course prospectus
- Course length – a minimum of one year part time consisting of 500 hours total course time
- A course must be cohesive (clearly leading towards a professional training to become a hypnotherapist rather than just be a collection of skills)
- Criteria for admission to the course
- An adequate mix of classroom / personal tuition
- Required reading to cover the history and theories of hypnosis
- Adequate opportunities to both practice and demonstrate essential skills
- Preparation of reports / theses / case studies
- Opportunities for group interaction
- An understanding of professional Ethics and Boundaries (i.e.contraindications)
- Clear guidelines as to when a practitioner is considered adequate to practice hypnotherapy.